Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Supastah

My sister in law has earned another gold star by her name. She already has many...and has gained many more since Lily was born 18 months ago...but today, she gets the mega star. SO...I'm pregnant again...oh yes! It's true! And we're very excited about this new little one that will be joining our family in March. However, for the time being the little precious is making me feel pretty crummy.

Meanwhile, my lovely Lily is trying to give up her morning nap but then is not taking a fabulous nap in the afternoon and that only gives me an hour to breathe and shower...and whatever else...like REST. So, today, I sent Justin a text telling him I was about to lose it...Lily was so tired she was like climbing the walls hyper and I couldn't do it anymore.

Not long after that, my superstar sister in law Julie calls to say she'd like to do something for me...why don't I let her come get Lily and keep her overnight...she'll bring her back tomorrow afternoon.

My response? Ugly crying and trying to say "thank you" and "okay, I would love that" all at once. Not one of my prettier moments.

So...the good news? I'm with child. The not so good? It's turned me into an emotional mess. Fortunately I know it will soon pass...

THANKS JULIE!!!!

6 comments:

valerie said...

that is so great-thank God for julie living close!! i would offer to keep lily over night...but that would consist of a six hour drive! so glad you got a much needed break. praying for you always my sister.love u.

The Powell Family said...

Congrats! Can't wait to meet the new little Johnston~especially if he/she is as precious as Lily...I totally get the "space" issue. I actually locked the girls out of the bathroom so I could potty by myself the other day!

Christine said...

congratulations!! that is wonderful. ahhhh...the emotional crying, feeling yucky phase of pregnancy...ahhh...the joys. your sister-in-law rocks by the way.

shantijoy said...

Yeah!
I had a hard time with a toddler and pregnancy. It's one of the huge pluses of skipping pregnancy with adopting Darin.
But 2 kids are twice the fun of 1. And close together is awesome!

Kristyn said...

Such fun news!!! Congratulations!
Hope that you get some much needed rest!

Tabaitha said...

Congratulations. When in March are you due? I'm also expecting and due March 28th. I have a 12 month old, and understand what you are going through. You have a great sister-in-law.