Saturday, November 8, 2008

Decorating Inadequacies

So yesterday I made (and I use this term loosely) these little bulletin boards for Lily's room to hang her artwork. It was accumulating on our fridge, and we had these little 12 inch cork boards on hand, so I covered them with red/white gingham material and hung them up...but much to my dismay when I went in her room this morning, 3 of the 4 had fallen down. I suppose the adhesive squares aren't so dependable...yet I'd been trying to avoid nailing anything into the wall. Sigh. Attempt at creativity flopped.

Also, I'm at a total loss in terms of preparing for the little guy who will be here in March...I haven't found any affordable boy bedding that I'm in love with...and then there's the accessories to find - matching rug, a glider, etc. Meanwhile, I need to do something about Lily's new room...bedding, furniture, etc. It's overwhelming to me! I see pictures and think, "oh I love that" but somehow can't seem to put that together on my own. Is that a gene I was born without?

And don't even get me started on holiday decorating...the thought gives me the shivers. I love going into people's homes that have touches of the upcoming holiday around - you know, pumpkin spice candles burning, fall rugs or accessories in the kitchen/bathroom...and then I come home and think, "where do I even start?"

Helpful hints anyone?

3 comments:

valerie said...

i can help :)

Lindsay Wagner said...

i just copy what i see in magazines...esp. pottery barn. you can also go the pb online, and you can look at "rooms." i always get ideas from that site, too. and i secretly look at houses on blogs...the way others have decorated their homes. basically, i just copy things!!! also, have you tried craigs list for boy bedding and big girl stuff??? just an idea...i've never looked, but it might be worth your while! :)

A Berry Bailey Life said...

Wholey Moley K!! I admitt I've been extremely lax in checking my emails, blogs, posting anything, etc...but until I just read this last entry, I had no idea you were pregnant!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! And you're having a BOY! So neat! Sooooooo, how are you feeling? Any names picked out? What is your actual due date in March? I just can't believe I've been so out of the loop! I'm so happy for you and Justin! Congrats again! I hope I get to hug your neck sometime soon!!

Love you,
K