Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fighting Cravings...

So. Yesterday I finally buckled down and fought some of my cravings. No soda - no Dr. Pepper or even diet Dr. Pepper. No sweets...this one was hard for me...I did oatmeal for breakfast, sandwich and fruit for lunch, banana for snack, chicken stir fry for dinner...I started to get a headache early evening...but I expected that...

So this morning? I'm cranky. I'm drinking coffee...but what I really want is a dr. pepper and some donut holes. The awesome part is that it's not even 9:30 and I'm already fighting some serious parenting battles too...and I'm realizing that this is a trigger for me...I feel like I DESERVE a large Dr. Pepper from Sonic for some of my "troubles." When I type it, it seems really petty and silly, but I swear that's what goes through my mind at some level..."I need a distraction...I need something pleasant...Sonic run, anyone?"

That's where I am this morning. Slightly cranky...feeling a little intimidated by making some serious changes to my eating habits...and annoyed to see my weakness revealed in what I previously thought was just a harmless indulgence...what may be permissible may not be beneficial...

More to come...

2 comments:

Christine said...

you're awesome kaytie. love your honesty and openness. so can relate to the cravings. was just going for some chocolate and grabbed some fruit instead. sigh. keep blogging. :)

k lippe said...

I love you dear friend and understand your struggle to my core. I know you can do it...and I am here to support you in any way you can! just know it is worth it...in so many ways. Keep up the good work! and when you want to go get sonic - just go sweat it off at the park with the kiddos instead. you get out of the house, the change in scenery, and you will burn some calories :)