Wednesday, September 12, 2007

providence

so yesterday, as i was doing my "about me" bit, i had the thought that most of the things in my day to day life strike me more as mundane than exciting. not in a depressing way, but just as how things are right now. then i went to bible study last night...and the word mundane came up.

the teacher used a quote on providence saying that "He attends not only to apparently momentous events and people but also to those that seem both MUNDANE and trivial. Indeed, so all encompassing is God's attention to events within creation that nothing...happens by chance." (from the Illustrated Bible Dictionary.)

While we know that God works in miracles, perhaps there is no bigger miracle that God working through the natural - in my human frailty and in my seemingly normal day to day living. The fact that He is present and at work...seems to me that this means that nothing is mundane - at least not really.

No comments: