Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dance Moves, or lack thereof...

Okay, when does it happen? When are you no longer cool enough to do sassy dance moves out on the dance floor and not feel like a total boob? Val's wedding was today (sidenote - very fun, very sweet, more on that later) and there was a DJ. So you know, in the beginning no one's dancing - they're all eating, talking, etc. But then the DJ switches to more "danceable" songs and the fun should begin. Is it because I'm 30? Is it because I'm a mom now? I mean, I'm not going to star on any of the reality dance shows (even though I do secretly love "So you think you can dance"), but I'm not without rhythm. Today? I felt so white - like I was somehow past the stage where I can do sassy/flirty moves, and all that is left for me is some sort of side to side stepping coordinated with some sort of arm pumping....so sad, really. Because I do love music...and love to move to it...but somehow I feel like I've lost my magic. So sad, so sad.

No comments: