Tuesday, June 3, 2008

No seriously...



I love my little girl. She cracks me up. Yesterday was our first official day of summer together, and after a crazy morning of errands and napping in the car, she dropped an entire bottle of cocktail sauce on the floor about 10 minutes before we had some friends (crawlers, not walkers!) coming over to play. So what did mommy do? Put her in the highchair with a nilla wafer while I furiously went to town cleaning, sweeping, mopping the mess.

Then, last night we had a minor first aid issue because as I was making dinner I turned around and she had gotten the green bean can out of the trash and then of course cut her finger on it before I could get it out of her hand...all is well, we have a prescription to go pick up in an hour for my peace of mind, but right now she has a bandaid and neosporin and she keeps walking around with her finger in the air saying "all better!"

This morning, I put on her brand new pink converse all-stars, and I said, "Lily, I love them! They look so cool!" She quickly beamed and said "coo!"

And then these, my friends, are 2 of my new fave pics of Lily (courtesy of Jenn) because it is so her...messy hair because we don't like bows (and by we I mean Lily)...pretty blue eyes that I prayed she would have...I love her....and right now she's dancing in front of an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, singing along with her favorite song - the hot dog dance - thank you Lord for the joy in Lily that is contagious...

2 comments:

The Powell Family said...

Your sweet little girl is so beautiful! I can see both of you guys in her-what a blessing. Keep posting pics-I love to be able to watch Lily grow. Love ya'll!
Lori

nancy said...

She is ADORABLE!!!! I must see her in person SOON!!!