Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Lily Grace




Two Years Old. You have been the greatest addition to our lives - far beyond what we could have asked or imagined. You make us laugh, stir our hearts with a crazy mix of affection, responsibility and protectiveness, you bring joy to darker moments, and you definitely keep us busy!

In the last year you have gone from walking, to running, to "hopping" and "hopscotch." You have become incredibly talkative - some of my favorite things you're saying right now are:

"I yyyike it!" or "I yyyyove it!" (I like it, I love it)
"Deeeeyicious!" (Delicious)
"I love you too."
"I ha some gapes" (your dad's personal favorite...I have some grapes)
"dear jesus, food, amen" (your version of saying our thanks for our food...i love it!)
"mommy, stop talking" (not a personal fave but hilarious when you said it for the 1st time)

You still refuse to keep clips or bows in your hair, but you are incredibly girly and nurturing with your dolls, minnie, giraffe, friends....you got bitten at school (AGAIN!) and I asked your teacher if you bite too and she said "No, Lily hugs a lot." You like to make things "all better" and even kissed the table the other day after cleaning up some applesauce you had spilled.

You are quick to stop crying when something doesn't go your way, quick to forgive and get back to playing, and very flexible to go with the flow. You are energized by being around others - like your mama - and at the same time you are fine with playing at home all day (especially if that includes watching Horton Hears a Who or the Disney Channel!)

You love to run to the door yelling "Daddy home!" when you hear Daddy's car pull up in the driveway, and it cracks me up to hear your laughing from the other room as "daddy get you" and tickles you all over...and he recently taught you how to give a big "SMOOCH" which is a new joy to us as well.

Happy birthday baby girl. I can't imagine going through a single day without you.

love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Jen Braden said...

Happy 2nd Birthday, Lily!!! You have such a precious little girl!!!! Can't wait to celebrate tomorrow!!!

valerie said...

give my sweet lily a big birthday kiss and hug from her aunt val and uncle jon. your baby is such a blessing to us all!! hope her birthday is so special and fun.wish we could be there to celebrate!! xoxox