Monday, January 12, 2009

Mini-Update

Haven't felt much like writing lately...with the busy-ness of the holidays and the big events around the corner, everything has felt either trivial or would require too much writing for it to make sense!!

So, here's the short version of an update, in no particular order:

1. According to my countdown, I'm due in 59 days. Whoa. And no, we don't have a name yet.

2. We are planning on moving to Brenham. That's what you get for saying, "I could never live in a small town!" (Although, admittedly, Brenham is not TERRIBLY small.) Joining a small church-plant called Christ Church, where Justin will be leading worship and we love it...lots and lots of details need to be worked out first (you know, place to live, day job for Justin, all the logistics of actually MOVING...and hopefully before March!) Praying about raising some monthly support...we'll see.

3. Next year I want to "do Christmas" differently. Maybe one big gift and 2 little gifts for Lily from us. More emphasis on Advent in our home. More intentional stillness and reflection. Less drama.

4. Lily is turning 2 this week!!!!! Unbelieveable...I will write about her on Thursday.

5. My little brother got married this past weekend - so now we're all officially married off! We love our new sister Kristie and are really excited for them - even if they are moving far off to Miami!

6. Asking the Lord what to focus on in personal study...lots of things in my life I'd like to address...not sure which to tackle first...suggestions?

That's all for now...

2 comments:

Jen Braden said...

I'm so excited for you!! So many great things that God is doing in your life!! Can't wait to see what happens as God continues to move.

Anonymous said...

you continue to be in my prayers, dear friend! Sounds like God is moving, and growing you - eager to see how He continues to answer your prayers! love you. n.