Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I'll be honest. I'm really a "half-empty" kind of girl. In fact, several years ago where I taught we all got to do the Birkman personality profile, and the results put you into different colors...I was in the blue...meaning that when one thing goes wrong I tend to overgeneralize it...I think the example given to me was something like, "if you were to walk out to leave for work and see that you had a flat tire, your first thoughts might be something like 'oh no, I KNEW this was going to be a bad day...I wonder what else is going to go wrong...'" I remember laughing out loud because it was SO TRUE (even if I don't always SHOW that as my reaction!)

Anyway, all of this is to say that my morning got off on the wrong foot today...and all day I've been battling a headache and feeling a little frustrated in general...I've felt...just ugh...but I do know that I have much to be thankful for. My son has this incredibly sweet drooly smile...my daughter bowed her head and prayed before our meal and I got a little catch in my heart as I watched her...I laughed with my sister about silly snl skits - real laughs that make my stomach hurt...my husband has been patient with my moodiness...my parents have been gracious providers...

and really, my lord has been so good. he has filled my life with good - because he is good. i'm working on focusing on this, rather than the things that don't matter.

No comments: