Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hallelujah

As I mentioned in my random post, I listen to podcasts from the Village church alot. I was looking on their website today to pass time between classes and found the lyric list for some of the songs they sing in worship. I don't know this one, but I love the words. Especially the part about grace for even me. I spend my hours at school teaching my students about God's unfailing love for them and His desire for thier good and abundant life in Christ. And yet I feel weighed down by all my failures...HELLO? That message is for my heart too. His love and grace are for me too! I love how He is faithful to remind me of this in the moments that I need it most.

Wonderful Grace of Jesus

Wonderful grace of Jesus, Greater than all my sin
How can my tongue describe it? Where will its praise begin?
Taking away my burden, setting my spirit free
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me


Wonderful grace of Jesus, deeper than the mighty rolling sea
Higher than the mountain sparkling like a fountain
All sufficient grace for even me
Bigger than my sins, greater than my shame

O magnify the precious name of Jesus
Praise His name! Praise His name! Praise His name!


Wonderful grace of Jesus, reaching to all the lost
By it I have been pardoned, saved to the uttermost
Chains have been torn away, giving me liberty
For the wonderful grace of Jesus, reaches me

No comments: