Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Random

i am: annoyed by how much time i waste watching shallow t.v.
i think: i am stronger than i give myself credit for
i know: that i love my daughter so much it hurts
i want: to not worry so much, to live freely and generously
i have: no idea what i'm doing after my job ends in three weeks
i wish: my husband and i were a really cool worship duo like watermark and that i wasn't so terrified of singing in front of people
i hate: when i speak too quickly or too much
i miss: my friends from the dominican republic (and the beach there too. paradise.)
i fear: mediocrity, "i wish i would have's"
i feel: restless...
i hear: the fan in the t.v. room...and nothing else...it's glorious
i smell: lily's "calming" lotion...it smells like my baby
i crave: dr. pepper at least once a day. it's ridiculous, and horrible for me. i know this.
i search: the internet reading blogs of people i don't even know...especially those of people who are adopting children
i wonder: if i will be a good peer counselor when i start volunteering at the 5th ward pregnancy help center next week
i regret: not being better at looking justin in the face and telling him that i'm proud of him
i love: when i'm crouching down picking up lily's things and she takes that as a sign that it's time to hug...she even pats my back...
i ache: when i feel moved in worship, a phrase, a beautiful melody, a truth that i needed to be reminded of
i care: too much about what other people think of me
i always: procrastinate and then get annoyed with myself for it
i am not: creative, but i really wish i was!
i believe: that children are our future. i'm sorry. that was unneccesary...but it's the first thing that came to my mind. can you tell i'm a child of the 80's? but seriously, who didn't love whitney houston back then?
i dance: at weddings
i sing: just about anything in the car by myself or with lily as my audience
i cry: when i feel inadequate or ashamed
i don’t always: wash my face before bed at night
i fight: when i feel tired, threatened or misunderstood
i write: a ton of text messages to my husband
i win: ??? i don't like games.
i lose: nothing...i always seem to know where things are
i never: want to be accused of being fake
i confuse: what i want with what i need
i listen: to podcasts from the village church in dallas whenever i go walking
i can usually be found: at home or at yellowstone academy
i am scared: of getting alzheimers like my mimi someday
i need: to clean out our house and have a garage sale
i am happy about: the fact that justin will be home from the astros game soon

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

I like this post!
You may already know this, but J is on staff at the village...we live just a few miles from the church.
anyways, would love to see you all if you're ever in the area. And P can meet Lily! ;)