Saturday, February 28, 2009

It just keeps on coming...

So, things are going relatively well. Justin is still looking for a job, so please keep this on your urgent prayer list...there are a couple of things we're hoping will open up on Monday...

We are officially no longer residents of Houston, which hasn't quite hit me yet since I will still be coming back to have a baby any day. And to top it all off, it looks like if I'm not already there having a baby, I'll be coming back to say goodbye to my grandmother, Mimi. She has been slowly making her way home due to Alzheimer's and apparently is in her last days as her body is finally worn out. I have a lot of mixed feelings...relief on her behalf...guilt on mine for not being better about going and sitting with her even though she doesn't know who I am...sadness for myself and my family mostly that we've lost so much of who she is to this disease...she never got to know my daughter, and I know she would have LOVED her. Given the amount of books she read to me, I can only imagine what Lily would have gained from some time tucked under Mimi's arm.

So that is the quick update...I just keep telling myself that on the other side of all this upheaval, daily life will be a breeze, right?

1 comment:

valerie said...

Love you. can i come to brenham?