Sunday, March 1, 2009

when it rains...

So, my Mimi died last night. And it's okay, it really is. She was ready and I know she's all better now...but I can't help but feel a little mad about it. And it's completely selfish and bratty on my part to feel that way. I was already a little stressed about this coming week - am I having a baby or am I not? Logistics, deductibles that we can't pay, anxieties about actually giving birth again, time lost on the job search front if I do have to check into the hospital on Tuesday, etc. And now, I'm wondering if I will be able to attend my grandmother's memorial service. And I just feel like, REALLY??? When is enough enough, Lord? See what I mean? Bratty.

Our pastor has been teaching on the psalms - and today he started a series of teachings on psalms of disorientation. Our passage was psalm 13 and I have never felt like a sermon was more directed at me than today's - go to the website to hear the podcast if you get time. www.christchurchbrenham.org

So that's life in the coming week for us...who knows what it will bring. A heartbreaking goodbye to my Mimi, and hopefully and joyful hello to our little boy as well.

4 comments:

valerie said...

sorry you have so much on your plate. im coming soon, so if i can watch lily for you while you do things, i'm more than happy. im just glad ill see u soon.

Tabaitha said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying that God will reveal his will to you through all of this.

k lippe said...

I don't even know what to say, except I am so sorry for everything - I know all of this is difficult stuff to deal with and worse is when it all comes raining down at once. Know that it will all work out - and that although it stinks right now and the apprehension is the worst part. know that I love you lots and i wish you were here so i can give you a great big hug!

The Powell Family said...

Thank goodness...To live is Christ, to die is gain! I know you'll miss your grandmother, and that she must have been SO proud of you! Congrats on little Jude-can't wait to meet him!!!