Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happenings...

Okay, since Jude officially turned 1 week old yesterday, I thought I'd tell the story of the craziness surrounding his arrival...along with a few pics.

Lets see...we headed into Houston on Tuesday of last week, knowing that we'd probably get checked into the hospital that day or the next. Lily was acting a little sleepy and seemed warm to me, but otherwise fine. At the appt, my doctor said she definitely wanted to induce the next morning given how far along my body was but still wasn't having any contractions. So, Wednesday was to be the big day! Meanwhile, after Lily woke up from her nap she had a fever of about 102...so we made a quick trip to the pediatrician to make sure all was well with her. Good times.

Wednesday morning bright and early Justin and I went to the hospital and got all checked in. I don't know why, but this time around I was such a nervous nellie about everything. They had a really hard time getting my IV in, I cried through my epidural because I was all anxious about it and having horrible contractions at the same time, etc. HOWEVER, Jude made his arrival pretty smoothly at about 1:25 that afternoon after only a 15-20 minute session as opposed to the 2 hours it took to get Lily here, so that was a huge blessing! Family visited and got to meet Jude - Lily wasn't quite sure what to think of him...and I was in shock about officially being a mother of two!


After a couple of days of recovery and lots of fun visits from friends and family, we headed to Katy to recuperate...which was a challenge with all the craziness of family in and out of the house since my grandmother's memorial service was coming up on saturday. All my siblings were in town, as well as people in and out bringing food, flowers, etc. Needless to say it was a bit wild. I was unable to go to the service since I had a 3 day old baby, which is a whole separate post, but then the excitement really kicked in when Lily had to go to the emergency room about 5 minutes after my family got home from the service. She was running to see my mom, tripped and hit her head on the coffee table...fortunately no stitches, just lots of stress for her parents!

Monday after a quick visit to the pediatrician for Jude (he's doing great!) we headed back to Brenham, and my mom came along to help for a couple of days which was HUGE. She mainly took care of Lily and then helped me during the night when Jude wouldn't go back to sleep quickly...just to allow me to try and catch up on a little sleep...she was wonderful!

Now, as I mentioned before I just have to figure out how to do life with 2 kids...get into some sort of routine...and begin to adjust to the fact that I live in Brenham now...lots of big changes all at once. Please continue to pray for a job for Justin, that the Lord would provide all we need...that would relieve a tremendous amount of stress from our adjusting...but you know who's not stressed? These two:

8 comments:

Lindsay Wagner said...

he's so cute!!! and lily looks like such a good big sister!!! :)

valerie said...

stop it! that pic of lily holding jude is so stinking cute! im glad her little head is healing well. Lord knows she is a better patient than her aunt val.jude came at the perfect time, even if it was a lot stressful around mom and dads!

praying for you guys and missing you all at the same time. Love,val

The Powell Family said...

SO happy for your precious family of four! Jude has so much pretty, dark hair-fun! We'll be praying some smooth living over you guys-you get to be so close to the bluebonnets this year!

Kristie said...

Love the pic of Lily and Jude :) We're so glad we got to meet the little guy while we were in town!

Tabaitha said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and I love the full head of hair. I am praying for you guys and hope the adjustment goes well. If I don't go into labor on my own, they will induce me on the 20th. Like you, I'm a little nervous of being a mother of two. Our family won't be able to make it to California to help us until a couple weeks later.

Kristyn said...

Congratulations! what a cutie with that full head of hair! so sweet. Many blessing to your new family of four!

Robyn said...

Katie your family is so precious! Love you, praying for you, miss you.

Anonymous said...

Kaytie!!! He's amazing!!!! Congratulations, dear friend! I am continuing to pray for you and your sweet family. May God totally delight and amaze you!
love,
nancy