Sunday, May 24, 2009

Country Living

Living in the farmhouse has been a whole new adventure for us...I'm not a wimp about bugs and such, or all things nature for that matter. I do hate snakes. And as you will see in the post below, there are no pictures of snakes. This is because seeing a slithering line move gracefully through the pond while I sit safely on our front porch is closer than I'd like to get to one. But rumor has it there was one in the bushes next to our steps. Thankfully I never saw it. More on this later...

Here is one of the perks of country life - watching little baby birds peek their heads out and go from this:

to this:

then, there's the unexpected surprise of a huge bull showing up in your front yard. he lived with us for about a week until his owner finally decided to track him down. lily and my sister named him simon. we grew kind of attached to good ole'simon. oh, and simon's owner graciously told us he saw a snake next to our front steps when he came to retrieve his wayward bull. (shudder)

the following, however are visitors that i do not appreciate. the pictures will be self explanatory. especially the pile of bees that we fly swatted out of the window in our bedroom. yes, you read that correctly. prepare to be amazed.


3 comments:

The Walmer Family said...

This is so scary to me! It's no wonder I'm a city girl. Props to you for living with "creation!"

valerie said...

oh my word. that spider is enough to make me cry.

Lindsay Wagner said...

those bees are beyond disgusting! i can't stand bugs....such a city girl!!! more props to you!