Thursday, May 21, 2009

a few words about lovie...


this is a post to praise my mom - she keeps me grounded when i feel overwhelmed. she speaks with wisdom from a combination of scripture and life experience. she doesn't worry or freak out like i do. she walks confidently and with grace through even the most difficult of circumstances. she is incredibly generous with her time and her resources. she is a servant in every sense of the word. she works hard and fills her time with meaningful things. she loves the lord. she deeply loves her family and friends and demonstrates her love well. she honors and respects my dad. she showers my children with lots of affection. she has spent lots of hours doing bubbles, reading books and chasing after lily. (and shopping at target for cute clothes for lily and jude too!) she has been at the hospital when my babies were born, and cried as she kissed their little cheeks. she is always willing to help when i need it - even during the week that jude was born and she lost her own mother all at once. she drove all the way to brenham to bring lily's beloved giraffe - and then had to drive all the way back again with jude's carseat base that we left in her car and she didn't complain. she has made countless meals for us...and cleaned up countless meals as well! she is thoughtful. she is encouraging. she is exactly how i want to be with my husband and children. i love you mom. thank you so much for all you do. i'm sorry i don't tell you more often how lost i'd be without you.

2 comments:

valerie said...

this post made me tear up.
i love Mom. i think we'd all be lost without her. thanks for your words sister.

k lippe said...

I love Lovie too....your mom is such an amazing woman. I truly want to be just like her!